Delmic develops high-end microscopy solutions for academic research. We have a strong track record in developing software and hardware in record time to offer unique solutions.
As the complexity of the new portfolio is increasing, we are looking for someone who can take over the role of the lead engineer in order to ensure timely delivery of our increasingly complex developments. Besides the lead engineer role in development, you will be in charge of making sure that existing and new products comply with EU/US regulations which includes safety assessments, product documentation and testing.
You will get acquainted with the many fields at the cross-roads of microscopy such as optics, biology, and mechanics. Delmic is currently working on some of the most cutting-edge developments in the microscopy field, including developments in extremely rapid acquisitions (big data generation) and advanced automation processes.
In short, this is a challenging and diverse job, where you never stop learning.
The lead engineer is responsible for ensuring optimal performance of the development team. We use a sprint approach in the development projects, where open action items are placed in as ‘backlog’. Your responsibilities are:
- Clearly expressing product backlog items
- Organizing the items in the product backlog to best achieve goals and missions.
- Optimizing the value of the work the development team performs.
- Ensuring that the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the development team will work on next.
- Ensuring the development team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed.
- Resolving technical differences between technical team members.
For the regulatory assurance, we expect you to make regulatory compliance an integral part of the development and/or introduce it into the quality assurance of those products where further improvements are needed.
You have a background in mechanical engineering, physics or electronics, either at the academic or vocational (Dutch: WO or HBO) level. An understanding of software is a big plus.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Experience with compliance and regulation (EMC, Low voltage directive, Machine Directive, RoHS)
- Experience with developing complicated technology, preferably in a team lead role
- Experience with precision engineering
- Basic knowledge of Python programming
- Good communicator
- Proactive and resourceful
- Team player
What we offer
- A challenging and international environment in which you can develop yourself
- Ability to set your own hours and performance goals
- Fun, enthusiastic and driven colleagues
- Friday (virtual) afternoon drinks
Apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to Sander den Hoedt at firstname.lastname@example.org