DELMIC is a high-tech company that makes microscopes that help answer fundamental research questions in both life sciences and materials sciences. The company is continuously growing and evolving, which is why we are now looking for a new Sales Manager.
This is a senior position in an ambitious organisation that has the goal to grow rapidly over the coming years and make an impact in the R&D field. We believe our systems add great value and see it as our duty to make the world a better place by getting as many systems into the market as possible. As a sales manager your are expected to develop our business and maintain the relationship with our customers.
- Lead a team of four sales engineers, four applications specialists and three marketeers.
- Ensure that this team is internally aligned to ensure maximum number of system sales, while also making sure the team fits well into its role between Service & Installations and Development.
- You will work closely with, and be supported by, our three business unit owners that each run the three Delmic divisions (Fast Imaging, Cryo and CL Solutions).
- Report directly to, and work closely with, the CEO.
- You will be responsible for strengthening our existing distribution network as well as expanding this further globally.
- You will manage these distributors and empower them to ensure a maximum number of system sales.
- On top of this you will have direct contact with customers and go through the sales team with them.
- You have experience in the sales of high-tech equipment. A background in (electron) microscopy is a bonus.
- You have at least 8 years work experience in Sales, with at least two years also leading a sales team.
- Experience with setting up and empowering a distribution network is a big bonus.
- You are able to quickly grasp new technology and feel comfortable presenting the basics of these technologies to customers that will likely have a higher level of expertise than you in this field.
- You believe in a collaborative approach to Sales, working closely with the customer and create the feeling that the customer and Delmic are on the same team.
- You have a growth mindset and are committed to reaching ambitious targets, while at the same time taking care of the individual needs of your team members and customers.
What we offer
- A challenging and international environment in which you can develop yourself
- Ability to set your own hours and performance goals
- Fun, enthusiastic and driven colleagues
- Coffee, fruit and daily lunch with the whole company
- Friday afternoon drinks
Apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to Sander den Hoedt at email@example.com